Florencio Morales Bermudez May 9, 2023

Rerally simple:

I'm trying to search like this:

text ~ "INPL-IF-PAID_AT-EQUAL_ENTRIES_DISBURSED" and project = "MSD"

Or like this:

summary ~ "INPL-IF-PAID_AT-EQUAL_ENTRIES_DISBURSED" and project = "MSD"

And doesn't find any result even tho I have this ticket:

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 2.52.55 PM.png

Any thoughts on what could happened? (I check for especial characters at the begging and the end of the summary and didn't find anything)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hello @Florencio Morales Bermudez 

Take a look at this document for more information on syntax to use when searching text fields.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/search-syntax-for-text-fields/

I'm not sure why your case is failing to find issues, but using the exact same Summary content I had the same result.

I found, though, that the "exact phrase" syntax works:

summary~"\"INPL-IF-PAID_AT-EQUAL_ENTRIES_DISBURSED\""
Florencio Morales Bermudez May 9, 2023

Well, yes, it worked 

"\"TEXT\""

However, it's weird, I used this search quite frequently and it worked just fine, I don't know If there is some new version or something.

But, I could work with the "exact phrase" operator.

Thanks a lot! 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

I don't know if there was a change released in Jira Cloud that impacted this functionality. You could review the release notes they produce here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2023

I did a small amount of experimenting with other values that contained dashes and underscores, and they returned results correctly without using the "exact match" syntax. I was using random characters in my strings, not actual words. Perhaps it makes a difference if the string contains actual words?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events