restore point in time after restore from Jira server

Eran Younger November 11, 2019

Hi Atlassian support,

Yesterday we did Restore from Jira Server to cloud to migrate our on-prem Jira server to our Cloud account that we already using in the last 3 months, and it seems that it deletes the exsit data that we already had in our Jira cloud. 

Project code name - SSP 

There is an option to restore this data?

Thanks,

Eran.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2019

yikes! First to be clear this is not Atlassian Support forum. Rather it is a Community support forum. I am a user just like yourself. That said, Atlassian employees do contribute to the forum fairly regularly. If you want to connect w/ them directly go to https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ .

That said, yes "Restore" indeed replaces all existing data. It does not merge/import the data. Assuming you have a recent backup of your cloud (pre-restore) then you may be in luck if not then I'm afraid your original data is gone. Assuming you have a backup, one way might be to stand up a new cloud instance (trial), restore your cloud backup, export all of the projects and issues and then import them into your production cloud. I also suspect there are other ways to do this as well, e.g. addons. In any event I would certainly reach out to Atlassian Support directly to discuss w/ them. 

Eran Younger November 11, 2019

Thanks, Jack for the fast response and i opened an issue with Atlassian support. 

Suggest an answer