remove issue link

Nouf.Alshabanat May 26, 2021

I want to remove  issue link from issue A, so I can create after that new issue link with another issue(B)(replacement)

the goal is :

to replace the issue A with issue B

3 answers

0 votes

I just check this documentation and I found this

• removeIssueLink

void removeIssueLink(IssueLink issueLink,
                           ApplicationUser remoteUser)
      Removes a single issue link We do not check for permission here. It should be done before this method is called. For example, in the action.
      Parameters:
      issueLink - the issue link to remove
      remoteUser - needed for creation of change items
      Throws:
      IllegalArgumentException - if the supplied issueLink is null.

but what does they mean by issueLink?

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.2.8/com/atlassian/jira/issue/link/IssueLinkManager.html#removeIssueLink-com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLink-com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser-

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

issueLink is the field that contains the linkage. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Hi Nouf,

We will definitely need EXACT steps that you are wanting to accomplish. I think you are wanting to use some type of automation or process in a workflow transition to remove a link on an issue. And then possibly add a new link based on some type of information. But all of your comments are very vague. 

Automation for Jira could very well do what you need to do, but we must have more information. 

I try the automation rule it works very well but unfortunately it's work only with admin permission

thank you @John Funk 

the idea is to update the exist issue that is linked already to the issue, with new issue 

unfortunately, there is no update method to do this for me , I think to do this is to remove the exist then create again to the new issue

(in workflow script runner(by groovy))

the steps: 

step1:

check for issues that are link to [x issue name type] 

step2:

If there some issue that is link to x, remove it then create new issue link with the new issue,

if the result of step1 is null? create link directly

@John Funk @Fazila Ashraf 

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

Hi @Nouf.Alshabanat 

Could you elaborate the problem you are facing in doing so?

You can delete the issue link from the ticket and link it to the other ticket from UI? Are you seeing any errors?

I want to remove the issuelink from the workflow(groovy)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events