rapid board is empty

Raf December 10, 2013

hi,

just started using the cloud based Jira with Agile addition.

I create a new rapid board (based on a existing project, or existing filter).

This opens a new board with PLAN | WORK | REPORT tabs.

i can see all the issues in PLAN but nothing in WORK tab.

i've googled around, and seems like it has something to do with "sprint" ? but the solutions such as this one don't seem to apply to me.. because i don't see "Field configurations" anywhere. perhaps this is a older or standalone version fix. I've already spent an hour clicking around to figure out why this board is empty and so far no luck.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

Did you start the sprint on your plan board. Active sprints are populated on the work mode.

Rahul

Raf December 10, 2013

is that the only way to use the quick board? i was hoping to just include all the issues from a fix version .. and any new issues that are added to that fix version

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2013

No, as I said, the point of the work tab is that it includes ONLY the stuff pulled into the current sprint.

You could try a Kanban board instead though.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

If you want jira agile to monitor work in progress, then i suggest that you use kanban boards instead of scrum boards.

Differences between the two and how to set things up are mentioned in the URL

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Creating+a+Board

Raf December 10, 2013

got it.. is it possible to creat a rapid style board based on a fix version?

my main goal is to have new issues for that fix appear without having to add them separately to a sprint.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2013

Yes, just create a kanban board and give the JQL, fix Version=xxx as your input to the kanban board.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2013

I assume it's a scrum type rapid board?

You'll need to start a sprint to see things in the work tab if that is the case. Work tab really does mean stuff you should be working on in the current sprint.

Suggest an answer