Here's how to reproduce this bug:
1. Add a Comment to an existing Jira and include an image citation with a width=100% attribute, such as: !MyGraphic.PNG|width=100%!
2. Click Save and notice that the image shows full width, as it should. (Great feature, by the way).
3. Click the pencil to edit the comment. Make any type of change (but don't modify the image) using the Visual tab.
4. Click Save and notice that your image is now a thumbnail.
5. Click the pencil again and go to the Text tab and notice that Jira removed the "%" character after the "100". You can reinsert the "%" to fix things, but the problem will recur every time you edit the comment using the Visual tab.
Thanks in advance for fixing this!
Sorry to hear about this problem. I can certainly see how this would be a frustrating bug to see in Jira. Thanks for reporting this issue. I found that I too could recreate this problem in both my Jira 8.4.2 and 7.13.6 versions. As such I have created a bug report of this in JRASERVER-70180. I agree, the visual editor should not be making this change.
I don't know when this bug might be fixed. I would recommend checking out our Atlassian Server Bug Fix Policy to see how we prioritize bug fixes for our Server products such as Jira. Thanks for the very detailed steps to recreate this problem.
When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event