"Issue Security"  missing from my project sidebar (trying to assign a security scheme)

Pat Q September 13, 2021

I don't see "Issue Security"  in my sidebar. Documentation says it should be there, any guidance on this would be great thanks 

Docs say:

"Assign an issue security scheme to a project

1. Go to your project and click Project settings
  2. Select Issue Security from the project settings sidebar."

My sidebar: 

jirmenu.PNG

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2021

Hi Pat, 

That's because this is a Team-managed project and issue level security is not available for those project types. You should still see the Issue Security option for Jira Work Management and Company-managed projects, but you will not be able to change them with the Free account.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2021

Your snipped refers to Jira Service Management. Your project is a Team-managed project. I not aware of Team-managed projects ever having issue level security. 

Pat Q September 15, 2021

Thanks @John Funk  clear as mud, but at this point it's clear to me that whatever we are on we are not getting issue level security . 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2021

Bottom line is that Issue Level Security is not available for Team-managed projects. 

You will need to create a Company-managed project or Jira Work Management project to be able to have issue security show up. 

But again, you will not be able to apply it if you have a free account.

Pat Q September 18, 2021

Confusing still, but I'm sure it's because i'm not getting the names of these different types of plans, but i'm now very clear - that i thought i would get issue level security, and i do not, and because it is withheld from free plan.  thanks  @John Funk 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2021

Hey @Pat Q - if this took care of your question, can you click the Accept Answer button above so we can close this one out? Thanks!

1 vote
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2021

According to the docs here, if you're on the free level, issue-security level is not available to you.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-how-people-access-your-team-managed-project/

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2021

Yes @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ 

You are correct. @Pat Q  please check if your in free/trial license you will not get issue security.

Roland April 14, 2022

We are no longer on a free plan, but we were at some point. How do we get off the "free level" and enable issue security levels?

0 votes
Pat Q September 13, 2021

ok - i saw this which said it does.  \

jira owns this snippet, that sucks that they are fiiling to keep it current. just wasted some time here.  wonder when they yanked it, seems to be a lot of reneging going on with atlassian. 

thanks @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ @Mayur Jadhav 

issue_sec.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events