queue management / role based routing

erika December 30, 2020

Hi,

Is there a queue management solution in jira next-gen?

Is there a role-based routing option?

thanks

Erika

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2020

Hi Erika,

you mentioned a role-based routing option - how does your requirement look like, please?
In case you could be as precise as possible somebody might be able to give a thorough advise.

Which kind of queue management would you like to use with Jira Service Management?
You can use queues to structure incoming requests and work.
Please find further information here:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/make-queues-for-your-team/

In case you would wanting to specify further also for the queue topic what is needed also here somebody will surely give more feedback.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Daniel

erika January 3, 2021

Hi Daniel,

I would like to have level 1 queues where tickets will land after ticket creation by the customer based on the module selected by the customer. We would like to have different level 1 queues based on modules.

If level 1 is not able to resolve they should be able to move the ticket to level 2 queue based on the modules again as in level 1.

Hope that this provides more clarity. 

thanks

Erika

erika January 3, 2021

I have reviewed the article you have provided and thanks for that, however,I would like to be able to create queues across all the projects(customers) for easier ticket management. Rather than have a queue per customer and then per 3 modules I would only like to have 3 level one queues and 3 level two queues where all tickets (regardless of which project they are from) call into. 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2021

Queues are pretty just made up of JQL queries - so you could filter for something like "level 1 queues" (if that is reflectable by a custom field or a component, for example).
But for the core of the question: each queue would have to created in every project manually - they do not work across projects.

Suggest an answer