python jira client destroy session

Neeraj April 22, 2015

I am trying to invalidate the session using jira-python rest client. How can I achieve this feature, is it built in or needs to be implemented?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2015

Do you mean to destroy a session which has been created using the python client? Or to invalidate another person's session? If it is the python client's session, then just log out?

Neeraj April 22, 2015

Invalidate any active user's session after 'x' minutes

Neeraj April 22, 2015

If JIRA does this automatically, then can you tell me where can the invalidate sesstion timeout value be configured within JIRA?

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2015
Neeraj April 22, 2015

Thanks Boris, that answers my question. One more thing comes to mind, can I automate a timer from the client side for the session timeout, to call the delete session API from the command line client. The web browser clients can still have the default session timeout for 5 hours.

Suggest an answer