put an issue in sprint

Dirk Bromberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2013

Hi,

we use Greenhopper with scrum borad and sprint.

I've two questions:

1. Can we add an transition in a workflow to put an issue to the current active sprint?

2. If i want to put this issue in sprint and not do this by using the planning view on board. why can't i use the name of the sprint in the edit issue function?

Thanks!

Dirk

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JoanneA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2013

We have an open issue in the GreenHopper backlog to add a feature to allow you to specify the sprint by name when editing an issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7573

Please watch this issue to see progress updates, and please add your votes and comments to help us understand the demand!

Thanks

Dirk Bromberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2013

please implement this soon :-)

0 votes
Jean-Nicolas DESJARDINS April 7, 2013

Wht don't have an autocomplete list for the spint field in the edit screen ?

My developers doesn't know the id of the sprint, so they save the issue without, must go int he plan view form the scrum and find the new issue in the backlog and finally add the issue in the good sprint, so many time spent for nothing ;)

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2013

The name of the sprint is not an identifier; it is user facing only. Once you start a sprint, GreenHopper associates an id number with it; at that point you could use that id number to associate issues with the sprint directly (instead of through regular method); as far as I know, however, Atlassian recommends against this as it does not guarantee the correct functionality.

Wouldn't it be easier for you to just make a swimlane with a query that matches the issues you want to add, and then use that to drag and drop as per the usual method? Is the problem sheer number of issues you would want to add, or...?

Dirk Bromberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2013

Hi Nat,

creating an swimlane woudl'nt work, because the scrum board showes only issues which are in sprint. currently i create an filter and use the plan view. but if a developer it creating one new issue and will put this quick on board then the way throught the backlog and planview is long. it will be nice to see the active sprints at the edit issue view an choose the sprint direct. when he knows the current sprint "number" he can set it there....

Suggest an answer