put an issue in sprint

Hi,

we use Greenhopper with scrum borad and sprint.

I've two questions:

1. Can we add an transition in a workflow to put an issue to the current active sprint?

2. If i want to put this issue in sprint and not do this by using the planning view on board. why can't i use the name of the sprint in the edit issue function?

Thanks!

Dirk

3 answers

1 accepted

We have an open issue in the GreenHopper backlog to add a feature to allow you to specify the sprint by name when editing an issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7573

Please watch this issue to see progress updates, and please add your votes and comments to help us understand the demand!

Thanks

please implement this soon :-)

The name of the sprint is not an identifier; it is user facing only. Once you start a sprint, GreenHopper associates an id number with it; at that point you could use that id number to associate issues with the sprint directly (instead of through regular method); as far as I know, however, Atlassian recommends against this as it does not guarantee the correct functionality.

Wouldn't it be easier for you to just make a swimlane with a query that matches the issues you want to add, and then use that to drag and drop as per the usual method? Is the problem sheer number of issues you would want to add, or...?

Hi Nat,

creating an swimlane woudl'nt work, because the scrum board showes only issues which are in sprint. currently i create an filter and use the plan view. but if a developer it creating one new issue and will put this quick on board then the way throught the backlog and planview is long. it will be nice to see the active sprints at the edit issue view an choose the sprint direct. when he knows the current sprint "number" he can set it there....

Wht don't have an autocomplete list for the spint field in the edit screen ?

My developers doesn't know the id of the sprint, so they save the issue without, must go int he plan view form the scrum and find the new issue in the backlog and finally add the issue in the good sprint, so many time spent for nothing ;)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

329 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot