project management

Richard Bernstein July 1, 2021

I am investigating the use of Jira for program management. I see there are  a bunch different  Alassian products plus a whole bunch of add on products. I am looking for a product that is widely used. Any suggestions?

4 answers

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Hi, @Richard Bernstein. Welcome to the community.  As @Anna-BigPicture points out, there are a number of apps on the Atlassian Marketplace for general-purpose project management.  Another suggested search:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?category=Project%20Management&hosting=cloud&product=jira  

In addition, Atlassian offers Advance Roadmaps in Jira Software Cloud Premium but you might find that combo is more software-centric.

-dave

Richard Bernstein July 3, 2021

Thanks very much. I am considering possibly interfacing my application with Jira in the future. I'd prefer not to talk about that possibility. I am seeking to be able to gather employee data and project data via the API.  The type of project is less important to me. Sorry for the lack of info. I am busy putting the finishing touches on the non-interfaced version, first. 

0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 1, 2021

Hi @Richard Bernstein

Can you please share with me your key requirements regarding the project management tool? 

As you rightly pointed out in your post, there are plenty of apps that can address your business needs to a greater or lesser extent. It's good to review the Marketplace's offer using desired functionality as a keyword.

Since you are interested in plugins that are widely used, here you can find Top-rated Jira apps for the phrases: PPM.

My company's product - BigPicture, is one of the plugins that appear in the search results.  It’s a comprehensive tool that supports project management in every phase: forecasting (what-if scenarios), planning, scheduling, measuring progress, or tracking projects.

In addition to Gantt, used as roadmapping tool in Agile projects, BigPicture offers dedicated modules assisting in, e.g.,  visualizing cross-team dependencies, define objectives & track its achievement,  generate reports by aggregating tasks data on Project/PI or Sprint level, risk management as well as resources quick identification of both overallocation and under- allocation.

Let me know if you have any questions :) I will gladly answer them :)

0 votes
Richard Bernstein July 1, 2021

Yes, software projects. But also projects for pharma and other areas. Is there a general project management tool, not just software?

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2021

Hi @Richard Bernstein 

Can you elaborate what kind of projects you want to manage? How your team is organised? and other details.

If you want to managed software projects then start with Jira Software. There are additional apps as well that you can use but it will be difficult to recommend without knowing your requirements.

Ravi

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events