Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

project and work/task templates

hi! is it possible to create a customized 'project template' in JIRA that houses a customize workflow, board, tasks, states, including things like tasks (with predefined placeholder content). The goal being that all team members that create and start working on a project as set up to use the same project workflow and task types and details?

My ideal state would be to set up this customized project that meets my teams needs; have it saved as a template so team members can simple create a new project and use that template with a single click.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras Community Leader Sep 16, 2022

Hi @Katie Moore 

I think what you are looking for is creating a project with a shared configuration. Read more here please: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-a-new-project/

Projects that share configuration share:

• issue types
  • workflows
  • screens
  • fields
  • permissions
  • notifications

Important note: If a change is made to one of the projects' configurations, that change affects all the projects that share that configuration. You'll be notified if a setting is shared.

this sounds like it very well could be my answer. thank you! 

Like Alex Koxaras likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events