problems with regex in simple condition script

I've got a simple script condition on a workflow transition.  The goal is to only allow the transition if the value of a custom text field does not contain an e-mail address with a certain domain.  However, I'm finding that this evaluates to true regardless of whether or not that domain is present.  What I have now is essentially this:

cfValues['somefield'] !=~ /somedomain/

I also tried the two below in case whole line matches are required:

cfValues['somefield'] !=~ /.*somedomain.*/
cfValues['somefield'] !=~ /^.*somedomain.*$/

No luck with any of these.  Then I tried switching to ==~ and reversing the return value like this:

!cfValues['somefield'] ==~ /^.*somedomain.*$/

This one evaluates to false regardless of whether or not the domain in present.  Anyone have any ideas?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Log in or Join to answer
Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

415 views 1 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot