overarching portfolio management

Christian Feise December 10, 2021

Hello Everyone,

i am trying to set up an overarching program management in jira with multiple different projects. Some of these projects are started already, many more will be started. Very different teams will work on these projects and they cover very different topics.

Currently the started projects are displayed in the same Jira Plan, but I want to create a dashboard to consolidate information like status, effort estimation and cost estimation from all of them. Within this dashboard i would like to have the option to indicate which project the attribute comes from (e.g., a stacked bar chart differentiating how many issues are in a status from which project)

Would this consolidation be possible with jira advanced roadmap or would I need additional add-ins to jira?

The answer might be rather obvisous but I am fairly new to jira so thank you very much!

2 answers

1 vote
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2021
0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 15, 2021

Hi @Christian Feise

One of mentioned by @Ollie Guan option is  - BigPicture,  a plugin dedicated to Program and Portfolio management. It’s a comprehensive tool that supports management in every phase, helps to plan, manage and track the workflow not only on a Project or its phases level but also on the higher Program level. See below a sample dashboard. 

image - 2021-12-15T142512.386.png

Please check our video tutorial if you want to learn more about organizing and structuring your work into portfolios.

Feel free to tag me if you have any questions. 

Suggest an answer