• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

org.apache.catalina.lifecycleException: Failed to start component [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8080]]

Hi,

Jira Software don't work with error "Jira ha problems starting up"

In the log "Catalina" I found this error:

org.apache.catalina.lifecycleException: Failed to start component [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8080]]

Can you help me?

2 answers

1 vote
Petr Vaníček Community Leader Mar 14, 2019

Hi,

my fast hint:

Are you running something another on port 8080? If yes, then just change port number(s) in INSTALL-DIR/conf/server.xml. You can follow this. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver074/changing-jira-application-tcp-ports-881684079.html

If not then follow steps provided by @Shannon Spaniol

Hi and thank you for your response.

No, I tried to change the port and the problem is the same

Are you running it under dedicated user account? If yes you need run it under jira user (for example).

As I can see you are running it on HSQL - I really recommend to use normal DBMS (for example PostgreSQL)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/crucible/migrating-to-postgresql-298977510.html

Like Shannon Spaniol likes this
Petr Vaníček Community Leader Mar 15, 2019

I just look again on part of your log and also it seems like your are running two Jira instances from one home directory. Can you confirm this? If yes you will need change home directory for one of those two instances.

http://confluence.equestind.com/display/TROUB/How+to+Change+JIRA+Home+Directory

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

We test the software and the problem has happened when we have tried to import data in the database.

There was only one installation and i just install an upgrade V8 to try to solve the problem.

Now, we have a new installation and we are trying again to import data.

0 votes

Laurent,

Can you please check your Jira server logs and let us know if you find any error messages there? That will tell us a bit more about what's going on.

The actual log files generated by Jira can be found in the following locations:

• Jira application log  bin/atlassian-jira.log
  • Application server log — generally the application server log file can be found under the logs directory. However, this can vary depending on the application server you are running.

We'll also need to know:

1. Jira version
  2. Java version
  3. Database version
  4. Which method did you use to install Jira? Let us know all the steps you took so far.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi and thank you for your response,

The informations you want:
- Jira 8.0.2
- Java 8u201
- Database h2db.mv.db (don't know the version)
- Installation by th file EXE on a Windows server 2016 STD

Error in Jira application log
2019-03-14 09:48:38,199 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.jira.health.HealthChecks] The jira.home directory is locked
2019-03-14 09:48:38,926 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.jira.health.HealthChecks] The jira.home directory C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA is locked by another running instance of JIRA. Your jira.home directory can only be used by one running JIRA instance.
2019-03-14 09:49:55,177 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [o.a.c.c.C.[Catalina].[localhost].[/]] Exception lors de l'envoi de l'évènement contexte détruit (context destroyed) à l'instance de classe d'écoute [com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener]

Thank you for your help

Laurent,

Was this a fresh install, or did this occur after a last reboot of a running instance?

I would recommend having a look here: 

To second what @Petr Vaníček said, you will want to move off of the HSQL database if you intend on using this instance for production and not just testing. If this is your production instance, please follow the documentation below to migrate to a supported database.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

I changed the installation path and copied the files but when i restarted JIRA, there was new installation.

We test the software and the problem has happened when we have tried to import data in the database.

Thank you for your help and now, we are trying again to import data.

Laurent,

I'm happy to help! Can you clarify for me if you are now able to import data? It's not clear from your reply.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

4,121 views 5 15
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you