optional list

Hello!

I creat a new fields, type optional list. I can add manual the elements to the list, but I have 2000 elements!!!

Can I add fast this 2000 elements? (plugin? pgadmin?...)

Thx, Armin

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer

Hello, 

1. You can use ScriptRunner (built-in function)

2. Python + Rest API (https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis)

3. DB is bad idea, in fact, it is possible. 3 table customfield* for your experiments. Please, start on test env. 

Cheers,

Gonchik

3 is a very very bad idea - it's not just customfield tables.  Caches and counter tables matter as well.

There is another trick - create a spreadsheet with one line per option you want to add, and two columns (the second can be just a duplicate of the first!)

Import it into a temporary project that has your field in it, using column 1 as summary, and 2 as the option.  Tell Jira to import the options into the field.  Throw away the temporary project and the issues you've created.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov Community Champion Oct 04, 2017

I think better way is Scriptrunner:) Easy to use it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

2,073 views 14 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you