Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

move an issue and update the status of workflow in the new issue type

I have a Jira software server edition project that has several issue types. I also have an issue type story and an issue type project root.

Making a move from Story to Project Root, if the starting state is To Do that is a common state to the two worflows, the Project Root inherits it without possibility of modification.

Is it possible to make the Project Root go in Open (i.e. its creation state)?

In the attached image I highlight in yellow the states common to the 2 workflows:

on this Jira software I have both automation for Jira and script runner. With automation I've seen that you always have to specify the Jira project for the "moved issue" event and this is a problem for me because there are about 200 projects where I have the issue type story and project root and I would like to do something generalized.

how can i do otherwise (possibly using script runner) ?

zorro-2.pngzorro-1.png

3 answers

1 vote
John Funk Community Leader Apr 21, 2021

Hi Kalos,

The first problem that I see is that there is no transition in your workflow from To Do to Open. So there is no way any automation or process could get it there. You would need to first change the workflow to include a transition from To Do to Open. Maybe put on a Condition that only add-ons or administrators can do that.

Then you could add some automation (Automation for Jira or ScriptRunner or something like that) for when the Issue Type is updated and the Issue Type = Project Root, then transition the issue to Open. 

I try to explain myself better, look at these images, they are my attempt to use automation for Jira (now I think it's called Project Automation) but I can not understand why it does not work

Schermata 2021-04-22 alle 11.50.37.pngSchermata 2021-04-22 alle 11.25.28.pngSchermata 2021-04-22 alle 11.25.39.pngSchermata 2021-04-22 alle 11.26.45.pngSchermata 2021-04-22 alle 11.26.54.pngSchermata 2021-04-22 alle 11.28.15.pngSchermata 2021-04-22 alle 11.50.22.png

Hi @Kalos Bonasia ,

In "Rule Details" of this rule, is this a rule specific to a particular project? Or is it a global rule that can run in any project.

If you want to use the 'Issue moved' trigger with any project it has to be a global rule.

Also your last audit log screenshot above, basically shows rule failures due to the second issue condition failing - the one that checks "Issue Type" = story.  You'd probably have to get rid of that, or change it to "Issue Type" = "Project Root" since that's the issue type of the JIVA issue after the move.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Andreas

Like # people like this

I finally solved it quickly by changing the other status "todo" to "approved".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase

The benefits of using Jira in different departments

Jira is a great tool to use across different departments. Forget that paperwork – switch to Jira and get that tasks done smoothly. Marketing Jira allows for a complete digital transformation of you...

131 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you