move an issue and update the status of workflow in the new issue type

Deleted user April 21, 2021

I have a Jira software server edition project that has several issue types. I also have an issue type story and an issue type project root.

Making a move from Story to Project Root, if the starting state is To Do that is a common state to the two worflows, the Project Root inherits it without possibility of modification.

Is it possible to make the Project Root go in Open (i.e. its creation state)?

In the attached image I highlight in yellow the states common to the 2 workflows:

on this Jira software I have both automation for Jira and script runner. With automation I've seen that you always have to specify the Jira project for the "moved issue" event and this is a problem for me because there are about 200 projects where I have the issue type story and project root and I would like to do something generalized.

how can i do otherwise (possibly using script runner) ?

zorro-2.pngzorro-1.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Hi Kalos,

The first problem that I see is that there is no transition in your workflow from To Do to Open. So there is no way any automation or process could get it there. You would need to first change the workflow to include a transition from To Do to Open. Maybe put on a Condition that only add-ons or administrators can do that.

Then you could add some automation (Automation for Jira or ScriptRunner or something like that) for when the Issue Type is updated and the Issue Type = Project Root, then transition the issue to Open. 

0 votes
Deleted user April 22, 2021

I finally solved it quickly by changing the other status "todo" to "approved".

0 votes
Deleted user April 22, 2021

I try to explain myself better, look at these images, they are my attempt to use automation for Jira (now I think it's called Project Automation) but I can not understand why it does not work

Schermata 2021-04-22 alle 11.50.37.pngSchermata 2021-04-22 alle 11.25.28.pngSchermata 2021-04-22 alle 11.25.39.pngSchermata 2021-04-22 alle 11.26.45.pngSchermata 2021-04-22 alle 11.26.54.pngSchermata 2021-04-22 alle 11.28.15.pngSchermata 2021-04-22 alle 11.50.22.png

Andreas Knecht
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

In "Rule Details" of this rule, is this a rule specific to a particular project? Or is it a global rule that can run in any project.

If you want to use the 'Issue moved' trigger with any project it has to be a global rule.

Also your last audit log screenshot above, basically shows rule failures due to the second issue condition failing - the one that checks "Issue Type" = story.  You'd probably have to get rid of that, or change it to "Issue Type" = "Project Root" since that's the issue type of the JIVA issue after the move.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Andreas

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events