merge option in jira service desk

Gary Quay July 20, 2021

Hi all ,

Any one have good addin or automation rules for merging tickets in JIRA service desk 

4 answers

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 26, 2021

Hello  @Gary Quay,

Another option would be our Marketplace app Merge Agent for Jira.

If you have questions or feedback, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. 

0 votes
Kate Pawlak [Appsvio]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

Hi @Gary Quay,

In the native functionality of Jira and Jira Service Management is not possible to merge tickets. You can do it using our app Issue Merger for Jira. Some basic use case about this app you can find in this article.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021

Hi @Gary Quay

for a real >merge< I found some Apps by a quick query on Marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com).

But .. going one step back. From my past experience there should not be the need to merge IF the "service restored" mail would be holding the request ID in subject (like HELPDESK-4711).
Then Jira Service Management would insert the mail content into the _existing_ request.
However, I suppose the health alert you refer you is probable not aware of the request ID created after the "service degradation" email is kicked off.

An article which probably is of further help I found recently here.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

Hi Gary,

Can you describe a little more what you mean by "merging tickets"?

Gary Quay July 20, 2021

@John Funk  i am new to JSD and we include the M365 service health alert and normally we will receive 2 email 1. service degradation and service restored.

So would like to have the 2 tickets merged to one  

Suggest an answer