<How do I add a column to the Kanban board?

Garrick Berger July 11, 2019

I've tried following the directions on the Configuring Columns page, but I'm looking at the board and there is no 'Board' button or link to click to get to 'Configure'

What am I missing?

UPDATE:

Ah.  I think I found it -- it's in the upper right dropdown as 'Board Settings'.

So, I see a way to add a column, but it needs to be tied to a status.  The 'Add Status' button is grayed out.

I presume that means I'm not a project administrator, even though I created the project?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2019

@Garrick Berger If you are using JIRA Software Server, you should see Board menu and Configure option on top right of your screen, when you are on your Kanban Board, like shown below:

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 1.10.59 PM.png

If you are using JIRA Software Cloud, you need to follow this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-columns-764477997.html

NOTE: In both cases above, you must be either:

• a JIRA administrator
  • board administrator for the board itself
Garrick Berger July 11, 2019

Ok, I guess I need to add myself as an administrator (which I thought I would be since I created the project/board)

Have to figure out how to do that.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2019

@Garrick Berger A project administrator is different from a JIRA administrator and Board administrator. To add yourself as a JIRA admin or better a Board admin, you can request your JIRA admin for your JIRA instance.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2019

@Garrick Berger Please mark my answer as accepted, if it helped in resolving your query. It will help others in the community.

Thanks !

Suggest an answer