@ level of grouping in Jira Cloud Advance Roadmaps

Shashank Agrawal September 14, 2022

Hi,

Currently we can Group by few system fields. If i want to group by 2 levels, is it possible?

Eg: I want to Group By

* Sprint - 1 st Level grouping

* Labels - 2nd Level grouping

2 answers

0 votes
Maksim Beliaev March 19, 2024

Please vote for this feature request on atlassian bug tracker: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-25440

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2022

Hi @Shashank Agrawal

to the best of my knowledge, you can only group by one field in Advanced Roadmaps. You may want to raise a feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JSWCLOUD/summary.

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2022

@Shashank Agrawal

just to put this out there, if you are open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you can easily group by an arbitrary number of fields (of course, including sprints and labels) in the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting and filtering by all your issue fields. It also comes with advanced features such as support for issue hierarchies (including your Advanced Roadmaps hierarchy), issue grouping (as mentioned above, also for multiple levels), sum-ups, and conditional formatting.

This is how grouping by sprint and labels looks in action:

multi-level-grouping.gif

I should add that JXL doesn't currently have an Advanced Roadmaps-like Gantt chart and operates directly on your issues (as opposed to AR's "commit" system), but in terms of issue (bulk) editing and analysis, JXL may offer a great addition to AR.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

Shashank Agrawal September 22, 2022

Thank you Hannes. i will explore this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin