jira workflow

Ashima Bhatia April 10, 2023

hi team,

I'm using below jira cloud.

https://ashitestinstance2.atlassian.net/

I need to activate workflows and relevant workflow schemes for my particular issue type. But, I'm nowhere getting option to move my inactive workflows to active workflows category.

Although, I'm able to edit workflow if I navigate to any issue type and click on edit workflow, but I'm stuck at point where I want to assign workflow and schemes for project settings/issue settings.

Kindly help in resolving this.

Thanks

Ashima

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

Hi @Ashima Bhatia , to make an inactive, workflow active, you basically need to associate that workflow to your project issue types. Assuming that you are in a company manage project simply go to your project settings for the project of interest and click on workflows and then add workflow. Find the workflow that you wish to associate to one more issue types an add.

this is a useful doc - what-are-jira-workflows 

Ashima Bhatia April 10, 2023

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the response, but I'm using a team-managed project in jira.

There are multiple articles supporting workflow configuration for company managed projects in jira but didn't find any information on team managed project.

Thanks

Ashima

Ashima Bhatia April 11, 2023

team, kindly help in providing resolution

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

TMP projects do not have workflow schemes or inactive workflows. Here is documentation on TMP workflows- manage-how-work-flows-in-your-team-managed-project 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events