jira start up error

Suganya February 4, 2018

Hi Team,

How do I resolve this problem? 

JIRA had problems starting up

This page is for JIRA administrators. If you're seeing this page, your JIRA administrator is probably working to restore the service.

JIRA encountered the following problems during startup. You need to fix any errors before you

JIRA had problems starting up
This page is for JIRA administrators. If you're seeing this page, your JIRA administrator is probably working to restore the service.

JIRA encountered the following problems during startup. You need to fix any errors before you start JIRA again.

System plugins failed to start: We haven't been able to start all the required system plugins
We couldn't start the following plugins:
JIRA Projects Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin)
Atlassian Navigation Links Plugin (com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-nav-links-plugin)
Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Project Config Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-project-config-plugin)
Applinks - Plugin - Core (com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-plugin)
Atlassian OAuth Service Provider Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider)
Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded)
Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory)
Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)
Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Global Issue Navigator (com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-plugin)
Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Quick Edit Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-quick-edit-plugin)
Atlassian REST - Module Types (com.atlassian.plugins.rest.atlassian-rest-module)
Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - REST Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.rest)
Opensocial Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.opensocial)
Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard)

Thanks in advance

4 answers

2 votes
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2018
1 vote
anas khan October 8, 2018

Will you please help me .... i am having the same problem and not able to resolve it.

i am stuck here from the past 9 days.

thanks in advance

edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2018

Hi @anas khan,

The resolution is to add this argument in Confluence JVM options. Inside setenv.sh.

-Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300 
Like # people like this
anas khan October 11, 2018

Hi @edwin 

Can you please tell me how to add this ?

I am not able to find setenv.sh in my <jira-install>/bin.

Like Vitaly Reshetov likes this
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2018

@anas khan,

Interesting. Search for the file using.

find / -name "setenv.sh"

or

locate setenv.sh
anas khan October 11, 2018

@edwin I am using windows and i have tried searching for setenv.sh and setenv.bat

i could not locate this file.

Where is this file located ?

anas khan October 13, 2018

@edwin 

From <jira-install>/bin, open setenv.bat.

But setenv.bat is not available there.

Please help what should i do?

edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2018
<jira-install>/tomcat/bin

or

<jira-install>/apache-tomcat/bin

@anas khan, try one of these paths 

Like Serg likes this
0 votes
Abdelhafiez Kozo April 8, 2021

i got same problem and still no luck solving it !
i tried what @edwin said but i didnt find those things, i didnt install jira at that time i have installed Atlassian sdk and that comes not with such things and the localhost is on port 2990

after i installed jira i could access localhost:8080 and it works just fine ! but on the otherhand localhost:2990 still telling me "ThisPage is for Jira administrators" and this one i need to develope and test plugins !

if it worths to mention those both works fine on my laptop but not on pc where only jira localhost works fine ! which drives me crazy since i didnt find any difference !

0 votes
Nik Weber March 16, 2020

@edwin  Thank you very much. You saved us. This worked for me.

edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2020

@Nik Weber Glad to hear. You're welcome!

Suggest an answer