jira back up

Іван Андрєєв June 21, 2022

I can't understand the logic of Jira backup, I'm backing up, but loading the archive with only some tasks (screenshot in the attachment), maybe there are some limitations?

Виділення_017.png

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

Can you tell us what we are looking at in your screenshot? Is this a cloud backup and are you looking at the attachments directory?

If that's the case: you will only see the issue keys of issues with attachments. The actual issue data is in the .xml file of the root folder.

Іван Андрєєв June 23, 2022

@Charlie Misonne  Hi, 

Виділення_020.pngI'm looking at the "data" directory, do you want to tell me what all the tasks are in these two files?

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

Hi @Іван Андрєєв

All your data is in those 2 xml files. Active objects is used for plugin data + config and entities will contain all Jira data like users, projects, issues and their fields.

Іван Андрєєв June 23, 2022

@Charlie Misonne 

And if I want to restore one task, will it be impossible through this file?

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2022

That would be very difficult indeed. Those backups are made for full restores of an entire Jira site.
It would be very cumbersome: the file will contains references to ID and then you will have to lookup the values of those ID's.

You could restore it to a temporary Jira site and copy the values of the task from there.

Іван Андрєєв June 24, 2022

@Charlie Misonne 

That is, I can create a free jira, import a backup file there, and see the necessary task there?

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2022

Yes if that single issue is that important to you you could import it into a free Jira Software trial: https://www.atlassian.com/try/cloud/signup?bundle=jira-software&edition=standard

Іван Андрєєв June 27, 2022

@Charlie Misonne  thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events