Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I can't understand the logic of Jira backup, I'm backing up, but loading the archive with only some tasks (screenshot in the attachment), maybe there are some limitations?

Виділення_017.png

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne Community Leader Jun 21, 2022

Can you tell us what we are looking at in your screenshot? Is this a cloud backup and are you looking at the attachments directory?

If that's the case: you will only see the issue keys of issues with attachments. The actual issue data is in the .xml file of the root folder.

@Charlie Misonne  Hi, 

Виділення_020.pngI'm looking at the "data" directory, do you want to tell me what all the tasks are in these two files?

Charlie Misonne Community Leader Jun 23, 2022

Hi @Іван Андрєєв

All your data is in those 2 xml files. Active objects is used for plugin data + config and entities will contain all Jira data like users, projects, issues and their fields.

@Charlie Misonne 

And if I want to restore one task, will it be impossible through this file?

Charlie Misonne Community Leader Jun 23, 2022

That would be very difficult indeed. Those backups are made for full restores of an entire Jira site.
It would be very cumbersome: the file will contains references to ID and then you will have to lookup the values of those ID's.

You could restore it to a temporary Jira site and copy the values of the task from there.

@Charlie Misonne 

That is, I can create a free jira, import a backup file there, and see the necessary task there?

Charlie Misonne Community Leader Jun 24, 2022

Yes if that single issue is that important to you you could import it into a free Jira Software trial: https://www.atlassian.com/try/cloud/signup?bundle=jira-software&edition=standard

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,113 views 34 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you