jira & Servicenow Integration

Seven Star
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 17, 2021

Hello, community, 

I've got a requirement on integration work with Jira and ServiceNow. Kindly help me with all the possible details. 

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

5 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2021

We use Exalate for this with our customers. We're one of two of their Certified Partners so if you need any help, feel free to shoot me an email boris@atlasauthority.com

Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 16.01.00.png

3 votes
Brad Peterson October 27, 2021

Hi Seven Star,

Thanks for the question.

Typically an integration between Jira and ServiceNow will revolve around synchronization of problems, change requests, and enhancement requests (there are other less common use cases also). Depending on your synchronization requirements, various options may be suitable for your needs.

Some of the key features one should look at in integration are as follows:

1) Complete traceability and visibility

2) A robust failure recovery mechanism

3) History preservation in the integrated systems

For more details on key features, you can read the article on the link: https://www.opshub.com/blogs/5-features-consider-building-integration-solution/

One enterprise-grade option for integrating Jira and ServiceNow is OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM).

For more information on OIM, refer to https://www.opshub.com/products/opshub-integration-manager/.

You can also refer to the datasheet outlining your use case ( Jira-ServiceNow integration) on the link: https://www.opshub.com/jira-integration/jira-servicenow-integration/

For more information, contact  sales@opshub.com

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2021

Welcome to the Community!

I'm afraid "integration" tells us nothing about what you are trying to do.  What do you want from this "integration"?  What are the two systems going to exchange in terms of data?  What do you want your people to benefit from if you create an "integration"?

It's likely that there are apps and configurations you can do on both ends of a connection, but we can't tell you a lot or point you at the more appropriate ones without knowing what you're hoping to achieve.

Seven Star
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 20, 2021

Sorry for that. I’ll explain here about the integration.

so I’m trying to create integration between Servicenow and Jira so that if I’m creating Incident in Servicenow it should create problem ticket in Jira. 
Here the transfer of data is only ticket details. It can be any format that will populate ticket info in Jira either my email copy or file or anything. So I’m kind of stuck in this integration on how to implement it.

kindly provide some information on this if possible.

Thank you!

Like tapraj likes this