jira alert by email certificat date expiration

Nadia Amirat May 17, 2021

hello

is there a way to receive an alert when there are 10 days left before the end of the validity of a certificate or licence in jira ?

someone have a tutorial  ? plz

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Jira doesn't have any functionality for doing this for certificates (certificates are usually done outside the applications at a lower level).  Most people use certificate management systems that can do this, monitoring systems, or, on the really small scale (like my certs at home), write a short script that nags me in Slack.

For the licences, yes, the healthcheck will throw expiry mentions at admins when they log in, but there's no reminder email from the application.  Your (site) admins are reminded by my.atlassian.com though.

Nadia Amirat May 19, 2021

So you say there are no way to receive an email reminder for due date for example of service account, licences, certificates using for example issues with date as field? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

No, I am answering the questions you asked. 

Certificate expiry is not an application thing, you should look at the tools your certificate provider has, and ask them for reminders. 

Atlassian licence expiry is an application thing, but Atlassian handle them on their website, and, yes, they do send reminders, as well as having the application warn you.

Suggest an answer