We are using jira 6.4.6 version with capture, agile, time to sla and time in status plugin.
Now we want to upgrade this one to new version.
Please help us with upgrade steps.
@Mahendar DUpgrading Jira 6 to 8 is not directly possible. You need to do step by step plugin. The upgrade path will look like this for you,
6.4.x -> 7.0.x -> 7.13.x -> 8.3.x
In case of plugins that you are using, you need to check that they support Jira 8 (as much I know all of them does).
Couple of more things you need to take care are,
Happy upgrading, you will surely enjoy speed of Jira 8.
1. Do i need to disable those plugins before upgrading jira?
2. Can i restore jira 6.4.6 backup file with jira 7.0. Is this correct process.
3. Before restoring do i need to download above mentioned plugins.
4. for jira 7 version what is the compatible mysql database version.
5. In JIRA 6.4.6 we have default scriptrunner in which we are using some scripts for jira projects if i upgrade what about the scripts.would it support for new jira script runner.
again we have to write the scripts.
Please help us with above questions.
My number wise answers,
1. No you don't need to disable plugins.
2. No, you cannot restore backup file.
3. Not applicable.
4. Jira 7 support MySQL 5.5 and 5.6, and Jira 8 support Jira 5.6, and 5.7 (Please check here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver080/supported-platforms-967896891.html , use version drop-down on side to check)
5. You need to open separate question for this, so scriptrunner in heading so scritprunner team can look up.
@Mahendar D Please do no upgrade using Jira backups, you need to follow this guide to upgrade - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-applications-938846936.html
i have the same issue on my side but all i have is the Agile Plugin and the Git Integration Plugin for JIRA
my licence was for JIRA 6.4.6. I just bought a new licence for 8.6.0 (not an upgrade licence as the cost was crazy). what did you do exactly ? did you follow the upgrade path 6.4.x -> 7.0.x -> 7.13.x -> 8.6.0 ?
I agree with @DPK J
As per my experience with Atlassian Tools Upgrades, I'd give you the following advices ;
1) Know your current environment well.
2) Know what to expect from the new version beforehand
👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events