issuefunction in issuesinEpics(Subquery) cant get subquery to return results.

Phillip Spode March 24, 2023

Hello,

I have the following JQL that brings back a couple of Epics

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf('issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\'issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\\\'issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\\\\\\\'key = PRJ-919\\\\\\\', "is delivered by")\\\', "is implemented by")\', \'is implemented by\')', 'contains')

When i then try and use the above JQL for my subquery:

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf('issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\\'issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\\\\\\'issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'key = PRJ-919\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\', \"is delivered by\")\\\\\\\\\\\\\\', \\\\\\\\\\\\\\'is implemented by\\\\\\\\\\\\\\')\\\\\\', \\\\\\'is implemented by\\\\\\')\\', \\'contains\\')')")

It brings back 0 results.

Can anyone let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Phillip Spode

Could you please explain what exactly you are trying to get from your JQL Query and Sub Query? I am requesting this clarification to try and provide a better solution.

Thank you and Kind regards,
Ram

Phillip Spode March 28, 2023

Hello Ram,

Thanks for your message. We are creating some JQL that brings back all the issues with a specific linkage to the issue in question. These are issues spanning over different projects but are all ultimately linked to the original issue in some capacity.

So we have 'Issue A' In the above scenario, Issue A has the key of PRJ-919.

Issue A 'is delivered by' Issue B.

Issue B 'is implemented by' Issue C

Issue C 'Is Implemented by' Issue D

Issue D 'Contains' Issue E

Issue E are the epics, and then we need to find all the children of the epics.

This will then show us all the relevant issues linked from Issue A down to the Children of Issue E.

The JQL below works fine and brings back all the tasks we need between A and E.

key = "PRJ-919"

OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("key = PRJ-919", "is delivered by")

OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf('issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("key = PRJ-919", "is delivered by")', "is implemented by")

OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf('issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\'issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("key = PRJ-919", "is delivered by")\', "is implemented by")', "is implemented by")

OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf('issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\'issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\\\'issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\\\\\\\'key = PRJ-919\\\\\\\', "is delivered by")\\\', "is implemented by")\', \'is implemented by\')', 'contains')

So the final bit I cant get to work is getting that final line as a subquery in the 'issuesinEpics' issue function. This will bring back the children of those epics and complete the query.

Cheers

Phil

Suggest an answer