{{issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue.key}} using with link

Urmo August 15, 2022

Hi

What i should set to get under this {{issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue.key}} link also?

and another question, how i should write that only one outward link is in e-mail not many if it has?

<a href="{{issue.url.customer}}">{{issue.key}}</a> <-- seems to be easy but in outwardlink?

1 answer

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2022

Hi @Urmo 

This seems to be a question about an automation rule.  If so, please post images of your complete rule and the audit log details showing the execution.  That may provide more context for the community to help.  Thanks!

Regarding your questions...

What i should set to get under this {{issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue.key}} link also?

Would you please clarify what you are trying to accomplish?

and another question, how i should write that only one outward link is in e-mail not many if it has?

Those are smart value lists and so can return zero-to-many values.  Let's say you wanted only the first one, you could use that reference, as shown here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/jira-smart-values-lists-993924868.html

Kind regards,
Bill

Urmo August 15, 2022

Hi

Idea is to collect issues from service management portal. Then some kind issues closed in SM project and clone into another project. Now i like to add new issue key link into e-mail what system sent to user.

image.png

Like Marc Zickler likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2022

Thanks for that rule image.  I note two things to try:

After you edit this trigger issue's fields, add a Re-fetch action before you use the Clone action.

Next, if you want the email to contain the newly cloned issues information, you may refer to it using the smart value {{createdIssue}}

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/#--createdIssue--

Like John Funk likes this
Urmo August 18, 2022

Hi

I did not use before clone Re-fetch issue data because there is nothing what clone issue should take over from orginal issue to new one.

Marc Zickler August 18, 2023

Hi Urmo,

did you find a solutions for this?

Regards

Urmo August 18, 2023

Hi

I did not solve this problem this way. Only working solution for this moment was not create issue into new project but into same but change issue type and then all data did live and customer have same issue number and link.

Marc Zickler August 18, 2023

Many thanks for your response.

Suggest an answer