is there a way to make the resolved date available to Advanced Roadmaps

Chris Miller March 19, 2021

In advanced roadmaps I am looking to show Actual Start and Actual finish dates.  I know I may need to make custom fields but am trying to avoid that.   The RESOLVED date could be considered the actual finish date, but I can't seem to add it to the Advanced Roadmap Plan and it is not available as a field when configuring.  Is there a way to make it available for use in Adv Roadmap plan without creating a customer field?

2 answers

0 votes
Stella Migliaro June 15, 2022

I have the same issue. I am not able to add Resolved Date, Finish (date), or End Date fields to a plan. Some have suggested end date, but I don't even see that as a field in my Jira Software system. My Finish Date field is not automatically updated, so I am not sure that is a viable solution even if I could add it to my plan, maybe that is because I don't have team calendar? I ended up using the Due Date field as our Actual Finish and I use automation to update the value on transition from any status to a done status. I have just implemented this and would love a solution that allows me to use the Resolved Date field instead. My plan dates right now are Target Start, Target End, Start Date (actual start), and Due Date (actual finish).

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2021

Hi @Chris Miller,

Unfortunately I don't have a great answer for you here, but I am particularly interested in the use case that you're looking to solve. Something I have long thought would be a useful addition to Advanced Roadmaps would be the ability to show the actual dates of actual transition to in-progress and then to completed on the roadmap with the planned start and end dates so that you could easily see how you were tracking and also adjust your plan to the fit the latest state of issues. However, it sounds like you're more interested in just replacing planned dates with actual transition dates? Would this be when work is done (i.e. so that you'd have a mixture of planned and actual dates)? Or are you looking to just fill a plan with completed work to show how issues were delivered?

With regards to a solution... my only thought is that it might be possible to add some sort of custom script to copy the transition dates to the target start and target end fields?

Regards,
Dave

Chris Miller March 19, 2021

@Dave   Thanks for your response.  Actually, if I could view the Resolved date and the date of actual transition to in-progress, or out of backlog, those would satisfy the use case.  Bottom line is I need to see dates of when work began and when it was done.  I reference 'actual start' and 'actual end' only as an example. 

In AdvRoadmaps you can select other fields you want to see on your roadmap, but RESOLVED date does not show up as a selection.  And transition to in-progress, well I am not sure how we would pull that in. 

I don't want to replace planned dates with actual transition dates.  Those planned "target start" and "target end" should be there as a baseline or original plan. 

I would have a mix of planned and actual dates.  The planned are pre-populated when doing planning the actuals populate when transition to in progress and when resolved.

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2021

Thanks for the clarification @Chris Miller (and apologies for my slow response!)... if you want to have a mix of planned and actual dates displayed on the timeline then I think some kind of scripting solution to copy over the transition dates to the target start and target end fields will be the only option. However, I'm not sure how accessible those transition dates are unfortunately.

Regards,
Dave

Suggest an answer