is it possible to jira smart commit function?

yys
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 14, 2020

1. can i use smart commit transition in Koren?

ex ) JIRA-133 #{Korean} #comment {Korean}

2. can i use white space in state(ex: code review) ?

-> ex ) commit message : JIRA-133 #{Korean Korean} #comment {Korean}

3. can i use commit message second row?

ex ) JIRA-133

JIRA-133 #{transtion} #comment {text}

i'm not good at ENG .. so sorry

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2020

Hello there!

I understand that you are looking to use smart commits and want to make sure this works when using other languages like Korean.  I can confirm that this will work with Korean.

I took a closer look at your particular Jira Cloud site.  It appears that you might be using the Github app for Jira Cloud.  This works a bit differently than say Jira Cloud's native DVCS connector for Bitbucket, but the functionality should still be the same here.  I tested this out in my own Cloud site that is also using this app to connect to Github.   In my example, I posted the following commit message on my Github site:

SCRUM-18 #comment 오류를 수정했다

I found that this did indeed add that comment to my issue with the key of SCRUM-18.  (which I hope translates to 'bug fixed', apologies if it does not, my Korean is bad) Transitions and other smart commit functions should also work here.

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 2.10.51 PM.png

However you might want to check on the settings you have within Github, specifically under https://github.com/settings/emails.  I have seen other setups that might attempt to hide their email visibility within Github. Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 2.10.23 PM.png

^ This is what your Github account should look like in terms of visibility.  If you were to hide your email visibility here that will likely cause Jira to be unable to process that smart commit.  Jira can only do this if it understand see the email address of the account that made the change AND that same email account has the permissions in Jira in order to comment/transition that issue.

Check these steps and let me know if you have any follow up questions or concerns here.

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events