insight

v.ezersky October 25, 2022

Hi.

I’m just beginning to understand, and I have a few questions.

1. How can I create a user profile on an insider so that the user can see the list of devices that are attached to it?

2. How do I remind you when my license expires so I don’t miss the moment when the license expires?

3. How and how to configure it. Example. There is a license request. How can this license be attached to the jira request?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2022

Hello @v.ezersky and welcome to the Community!

Whew this is a loaded question so I'll do my best to be clear in my answer :) - I also don't know how much you have configured so skip over what you don't need.

You'll want to create at least 2 object types, one for staff and one for hardware. 

Your Staff Object Type should have the following attributes (at a minimum):

• Name (Text type attribute)
  • User (User Type Attribute)

Here's an example of what your Staff Object Type may look like:

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 9.32.14 AM.png

Your Hardware Object Type should have the attributes you need for tracking, plus a reference to the Staff Object Type. An example is below (note the User attribute row):

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 9.33.46 AM.png

Next, you'll want to create a custom Insight Objects field and specify the AQL so it only pulls up hardware for the logged in user. An example is below:

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 9.36.56 AM.png

The secret is in the Filter Issue Scope, it looks at the user attribute in the Employee Schema (which you have to get to using dot notation) and compares it to the reporter of the issue, this is what allows users to see/select their own hardware.

Your configuration may look a little different but this is more or less what you'd need to do to allow users to see/select their own hardware - for example in the customer portal.

To set a reminder for when a license is about to expire, you can create a global automation rule that queries your software object type (note: you'll probably want another object type to track software). Your software object type should include an expiration date/renewal date or whatever you use to track. In your automation rule (note this must be global not scoped to a single project) you'll probably want something like this:

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 9.58.36 AM.png

And here's an example email configuration if you wanted to email a group of people a list of the licenses expiring.

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 9.58.49 AM.png

You could choose to email each user that has a license expiring, but then you'd have to change the "Lookup Objects" to "Branch with AQL".

I don't think I am understanding your 3rd question, but you'd follow a process similar to above where you would need to create an Insight Objects custom field and have it query a specific schema/type to select an object on a Jira issue, such as a license request.

Hope this helps

v.ezersky October 26, 2022

Thank you so much!

I don’t quite understand how to add users from jira to insight :)

Снимок экрана 2022-10-26 110147.jpg

I have to import them, how can I do that?

Thanks ^)

Like Sam Nadarajan likes this
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2022

Hello @v.ezersky 

Because Insight is integrated into the Jira platform, any existing user accounts should be selectable in your user type field. No need to do an import unless you want to manage users that don't have Jira accounts. At that point, you'll want to use a text field.

v.ezersky November 4, 2022

Thanks ^) 

I have another wish. 

Let’s say I have 999 Microsoft licenses. How to make that when assigning a license to a user, this license is automatically removed from the total number. To not add 999 identical licenses as a resource ?

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2022

So the total number only reflects how many objects are stored in Assets. If you wanted to decrement that number, you would have to remove that object if it was assigned (which I personally wouldn't recommend).

Additionally, you could lean on an Asset Query Language (AQL) query to look for unassigned licenses, and whatever that number gives is the list to go off of.

v.ezersky April 4, 2023

image.pngWe have updated the assets. And where can I find the list of changes please? :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events