implement notification in outlook

sim.sisavuthary February 17, 2021

Dear support,

how to implement email alert for some events?

- mention the person by using @

- assign the issues for all issue types.

Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Hi @sim.sisavuthary  - What is not currently working for you?

Is it only one user or many? Is it just you? 

If a user is not receiving these already, then have him/her check their Personal Settings for whether they have those boxes selected to receive the information.

sim.sisavuthary February 17, 2021

For me I can receive the email whenever another people did something. But I asked my colleagues when I was mention them, they have never receive the email alert from Jira or confluence unless they login and notification pop up on screen. 
I don't know where to configure the email alerts?

email alert.PNG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Have a couple of them check their Personal Settings to see what they have checked for Notifications. 

Also check the notifications scheme to make sure they should receive notifications. 

sim.sisavuthary March 4, 2021

some of my colleagues they can receive notification.

by the ways, I got email but I am not sure where to fix it?

The automation rule When all stories are completed → then close epic just failed with an error on your Jira instance (https://smartaxiatakh.atlassian.net).

Please check the audit log for more details in the automation admin section (#2782582705).

To stop receiving these e-mails, please update your notify on error settings in the rule details for this rule. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

You should click on the automation admin section link in the email to see the error for the rule. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

I am assuming that you find the current notification scheme options inadequate? Based on what you conveyed here you should be able to. If you can’t actually achieve your goals there then look to automation to send out emails. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events