how to tag in comments

Stephanie Eilert December 8, 2020

Hey, I'm not able to tag other members in comments via @. permissions were already checked

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

Hello @Stephanie Eilert 

Welcome to the community.

Exactly what happens when you enter the @ in the Comment field? Do you get the field for entering a user's name?

Can any other users of your JIRA instance mention other users in Comments?

Nothing happens actually, I can type a name which is displayed in blue writing but it does not match to any names.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

As soon as I enter the @ symbol I get a pop up of possible names. Do you get something like that, or nothing?Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 12.36.15 PM.png

Are any other users of your JIRA instance able to use this feature successfully?

What browser are you using? 

no, nothing pops up. yes, all the others are able to use it. I'm using the most recent version of chrome.

I also just tried Safari, but it doesn't work there too

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2020

Are you able to @ mention users in the Description field?

I did a Google search for "Jira cloud mentions not working" and found several posts on the topic.

A KB article from Atlassian: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mentions-and-autocomplete-are-not-working-in-jira-cloud-779160727.html

The first diagnostic step is to check that you have the "Browser Users" permission which is a global permission. You did mention that you had already checked permissions. Did that one get checked and was it confirmed that you are a member of a group that has been granted that permission.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events