how to sync custom field values

Benny Argo August 14, 2019

I have two task in the same project(s) that have the same custom field. is it possible to share the entered value between the two fields. Each of the tickets or task have different issue names.

issue.issueType.name == 'Prep. Work'

• customFieldId=11513

issue.issueType.name == 'Production Coordinator Notified'

• customFieldId=11513

The value would be entered into the customFieldId=11513 that resides in the Prep. Work issue and then can be seen in the customFieldId=11513 that is located in the Production Coordinator Notified issue.

I have scriptrunner and think this can be done as a listener but not exactly sure define the fields with same name on two different issue types.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

This will only work if the two issue types have the same field context - that is, custom field 11513 is the same field on both issue types (so if they're a select list, they have the same list of options).  This means the field itself is the same on both issue types (whatever the actual content, the field is the same, and accessed in the same way on both types)

A listener or post function can then get the value from the first issue, work out what the second one is, and overwrite the value in the field in the target issue.

Benny Argo August 15, 2019

Nic,

The fields can have the same value. that is not a problem I have been searching for a sample code that would do this are almost do this, but I have had no luck in my search.

Suggest an answer