how to refer the current sprint in the query?

Mahadevan Hariharan March 4, 2019

I created a custom board to filter my tasks only for the active sprint.  everytime, i need to refresh the sprint in the board.  is there a constant that refers the active sprint so that I don't need to change everytime sprint advances?

3 answers

1 accepted

25 votes
Answer accepted
Haran Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2019

Hi @Mahadevan Hariharan 

Project = "test project" AND sprint in openSprints()

Note: Replace test project with your project name. 

Hope this helps

Regards

Haran Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2019

You can fine tune more with following Statement and so on, 

Project = "test project" AND sprint in openSprints() AND resolution = unresolved 

Note: Replace test project with your project name & use resolution key as per your terminology . It may be pending, unresolved , tobetaken anything. Kindly use accordingly .

Regards

Like # people like this
Mahadevan Hariharan March 4, 2019

Thanks!  it works. openSprints() only works with "in" and not with "-"

Aileen Leitner Buck January 13, 2021

When I use this query it does not pull in any user stories or tasks that have rolled over from previous sprints. How do I include those in my query?

Nick Middleweek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 30, 2021

@Aileen Leitner Buck - Is this still a problem for you?

I've just tried this on my JIRA board using the following...

project = MAJ AND Sprint in openSprints() Order by Rank ASC

We have quite a few +1 tickets that have rolled over from, e.g. Sprint 22 to 23 and these are visible for us.

Michelle Hurtley September 21, 2022

Yes! @Nick Middleweek  Thank you so much for this answer. It's exactly what I was looking for. 

8 votes
ralphsmith80
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 9, 2022

This doesn't actually reference the current sprint. It references all open sprints. This can be an issue if you create a sprint early for staging, but you don't start the sprint until it's ready to go. 

0 votes
Jeimi Herrera August 31, 2021

Thanks, @Haran Kumar This was very helpfully.

Prateek Sharma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 27, 2023

We can also try below Jql query, here we have removed closedSprint - the previous completed sprints & the future sprints. This Jql query gives you stories part of active sprint.

issuetype = Story AND Sprint not in (closedSprints(), futureSprints())

Suggest an answer