i can only save my dashboard as private - i would like to make it public

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

Hello @Shawn Murphy ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You need to make sure you have the Share Dashboards and Filters global permission.  Talk to your Jira admin if you don't.

Alex Ortiz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2022

It seems like you might not be in a group that should allow you to do this.  As Robert replied, you'll want your Jira admin to confirm whatever group you are in also has that Share Dashboards and Filters global permission.  

3 votes
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 8, 2022

Hi @Shawn Murphy,

Welcome to the community! I agree with both Robert and Alex. You should talk with your admin.

Default Jira sharing features sometimes might feel limited... In case you're up for trying an addon and saving a lot of headache, I suggest you Dashboard Hub for Jira - Reports & Charts, our commercial solution. It allows you to easily change the permissions and even use advanced permissions to restrict access to your dashboards by setting different levels of permissions.

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 16.11.55.png

Also, you could share them with links so even people from outside you instance can see them, here is an example.

Hope it helps!

Iván, Product Marketing Manager

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2023

@Shawn Murphy  - Did you ever get this working? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events