how to increase the max attached file size larger than 2GB

jaeyong shim November 14, 2020

According to the guide I can set the max size of attached file.

And the configuration permits the size less than 2GB.

but because of  my issue mgmt. we need to handle files that is more than 2GBytes.

Is there possible way to resolve the my need?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2020

I would strongly recommend that you do not try this.

Jira is not a file store system, it can, and will, fail randomly if you try to upload or download large files.  Rather than try to use it as a file store, I would look for another system to store huge files.

jaeyong shim November 14, 2020

Ok ! Thank you Nic.

Then if the users in issue tracker need to attach some huge files such like logs or test binary on a issue. How can we support the user's needs.

They want to upload/download huge files rapidly for their job.

I think that we need co-works with a huge file transfer method(agent), file storage system and JIRA issue.

I want to use the JIRA as a Issue tracker with huge files.

Can you advise a strategy or idea to resolve my worry about handling huge?

thanks in advance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2020

Attaching huge files to an issue tracker is rarely the right thing to do.  Look at why they want to attach things and fix that.

You've given us two examples of why people are attaching things, and both of them need fixing:

• Logs: Why are your logs more than a few liines that say where the error is?
  • Test binary: This should never be done.   if something goes wrong in a binary then people should be naming the version they are using that they got from your build servers, or if they built it themselves, the version of the source code.

If you insist on "attaching" large files which no-one will ever find useful, then you should build a large file store service and ask people to use that, putting urls pointing to the file into the links fields on Jira issues

Suggest an answer