how to import from clickup in jira

setareh abhari December 6, 2020

hi

i wanted to switch from clickup to jira and i wanted to know how can i import my project from clickup in jira?

3 answers

0 votes
Ying Yin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2024

Hello,

We’re looking for feedback on an import experience we’re building, and would love to invite you to take part in an upcoming customer study!

What’s involved in the research:

• Sessions are 1 hour and conducted over video-conference, so you can participate from anywhere around the globe.
  • During the research, we'll start with a general chat to get to know you, then, you might explore a prototype and complete some tasks.
  • As a token of our appreciation, you'll receive an e-gift card worth $100 USD within 5 business days of completing your session.

Interested in taking part? Follow this link https://www.userinterviews.com/projects/MKTtUWU-Sg/apply to fill in a few more details so we can make sure you’re a good fit.

If you have any other questions at all, feel free to reply to this message or email me directly on yyin@atlassian.com. We look forward to meeting you!

Cheers,

Ying

0 votes
Vera Bakshaeva December 11, 2020

Hi,

could you please say why you would like to switch from clickup to jira?

Best regards,

Vera

Abhishek Gupta December 18, 2020

I am thinking of doing the same.

One of the main reasons is I cannot use a unique ID in my click ups to track an issue or a user story. It doesn't allow search by the unique key. I need to search it using name or title or combination of filter fields.

I was on Jira before but then I jumped to Click up because they were so flexible.

But having a unique key that can be used in searches is more valuable than flexibility.

Like Vera Bakshaeva likes this
Vera Bakshaeva December 21, 2020

Thank you very much for the information!

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2020

Hi @setareh abhari 

I am not familiar with clickup but if you can export your data into CSV file then you can also import it in Jira. Take a look at the documentation for more details. You first need to setup and configure your projects, map the fields and few other things for the import to work.

Apart from that you can also use Jira REST API or the JSON import as well.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2020

I believe clickup has CSV export capabilities as well.

Like Chris Blackbird likes this
Mark Filley April 24, 2023

Here is a code sample which moves from ClickUp to Jira

https://github.com/anmarkoulis/clickup-to-jira

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS