how to create an automation for uploading a particular attachment from attachment empty

vivek jira admin May 9, 2023

how to create an automation.
I have a pdf name 'data'.  
-created an issue without an attachment,
I have a field name Vahini with Yes and No so, it should be auto update with Yes when I upload the file 'date'.     

1 answer

0 votes
Himanshi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2023

Hello @vivek jira admin , 

Welcome to community !

If I understood the flow of your request correctly. You want to trigger an automation rule when issue created and would like to check if attachment exists? If not then wish to upload attachment and update another field Vahini with yes.

You can try to explore this logic :

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 1.25.57 PM.pngYou may need to define attachment file information in third component and based on the what kind of field Vahini is you can update it in fourth component . 

I am sharing the smart values that you can try to explore :https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

There are some more smart values for attachment has been discussed on https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Can-I-use-Smart-Values-to-pass-attachment-links-from-blocker-to/qaq-p/1636277 Please consider going through. Hope it helps.

vivek jira admin May 12, 2023

Hi @Himanshi 
No, I have not uploaded any pdf in attachments while creating a ticket and I have a field name vahini it should be update with 'yes' when I upload a particular pdf name is 'data' only.  
here my request is the field vahini  should only update with yes when i upload the perticular 'data' pdf only, vahini should not update to any other pdf upload other than pdf 'data'. it should update when I upload particular 'data' pdf only.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events