how to create a pie chart using JQL

THE STORY TELLER March 3, 2021

Hi team,

I want to create a pie chart that used more filter values. The pie chart option in Reports has an option to choose only 1 filter criteria.

For eg: I want to filter based on project team name, status and also say automation status - how to write a JQL and get a pie chart. I am aware of the JQL, but I am not sure how to use the JQL and build the pie chart in JIRA.

Can you pls help?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

Hi @THE STORY TELLER ,

in pie chart gadget configuration you need to set two parameters:

• Project or Saved Filter: the list of issues you want to work with
  • Statistic type: the field, which will be used to group the issues

It seems to me you mean you want to have more parameters for grouping, but this is not possible using pie chart gadget.

Use can use Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget to have two fields for grouping available.

THE STORY TELLER March 4, 2021

Thank you Hana. I have seen in my earlier company where they used more than 1 filter.

Eg: Label ="xyx", status = "closed" and issuetype = "test" and automation ="Complete"

So this pie chart query will give all test cases for the team xyz, which are closed and automation is completed. With this I want to show a pie chart that will show completed, planned and cannot be automated automation cases as a pie for that team.

But I am not sure how it was done.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

Hi @THE STORY TELLER ,

sure you can search issues using JQL like:

labels in ("xyz") AND status = "Closed" AND issuetype = "test" AND automation = "Complete"

If you are happy with the result, you can save this JQL as filter and use this filter in pie chart gadget in parameter Project of Saved Filter.

Rodrigo Salomao March 31, 2023

Hi @Hana Kučerová 
Can I create a Pie Chart from the result of this JQL you shared?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events