how to configure jira color for inactive field

Al Genzlinger April 2, 2019

I have a jira project that is setup to "lock" certain fields once the issue has reached a certain point in the workflow.  The locked fields are displayed in a very light gray and my users are asking for a different color that will allow them to better see the content.  For example, perhaps we could use a med/dark green for locked content.  I am searching the "look and feel" configuration and do not see inactive or locked fields as configurable.

Can someone help me figure out how to change this text color for our jira server (7.6.10)?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2019

You could use custom CSS.  If you can provide a code snippet of the HTML by using  inspect element I could help you out.

Al Genzlinger April 2, 2019

I had a colleague assist me.  I have attached the code for both the Description field and my custom field.  It appears the opacity for Description is applied twice as it is very light vs my custom field which is only light, and readable.

---- code snippet ----

<fieldset disabled="disabled" style="opacity: 0.4"><div id="descriptionmodule" class="module toggle-wrap kjjlf-disabled" disabled="disabled" click_handler_modified="true"><div id="descriptionmodule_heading" class="mod-header"><ul class="ops"></ul><h2 class="toggle-title">Description</h2></div><div class="mod-content"><fieldset disabled="disabled" style="opacity: 0.4"><div id="description-val" class="field-ignore-highlight kjjlf-disabled editable-field inactive" disabled="disabled" click_handler_modified="true" title="Click to edit">
<div class="user-content-block">
<p>no description provided</p>
</div>
<span class="overlay-icon aui-icon aui-icon-small aui-iconfont-edit"></span></div></fieldset>
</div></div></fieldset>

<fieldset disabled="disabled" style="opacity: 0.4"><div id="customfield_10609-val" class="value type-multicheckboxes kjjlf-disabled editable-field inactive" data-fieldtype="multicheckboxes" data-fieldtypecompletekey="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:multicheckboxes" disabled="disabled" click_handler_modified="true" title="Click to edit">

<div class="shorten" id="customfield_10609-field" resolved="" style="height: auto;">
<span>WW</span>, <span>NA</span>, <span>EMEA</span>, <span>AP</span>, <span>PRC</span>, <span>BRZ</span>, <span>LAS</span> </div>

<span class="overlay-icon aui-icon aui-icon-small aui-iconfont-edit"></span></div></fieldset>

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2019

Since the style is being applied inline I might need a little more code to get this to work but will give it a try.  Place this in your announcement banner.

<style>
fieldset:disabled #descriptionmodule .mod-content fieldset:disabled {opacity: 1.0 !important}
</style>

Al Genzlinger April 3, 2019

Thank you.  Your suggestion made locked Description appear the same as locked custom fields.

Suggest an answer