how to change the localhost URL as User friendly URL?

Ranjith Ramu October 11, 2017

Hi,

The application works perfectly fine now. I am trying to change the url from localhost:8080 to an user friendly url ( http://myjiraapp.com)

I have changed the server base url as myjiraapp.com, Under Jira system settings.

I have done the DNS change and verified it using nslookup. I can see the mapping of hostname and URL. When i tried accessing the app using the new url.

I can only see the IIS home page. the app runs on windows 2016 vm server and it is a dedicated server for JIRA app.

It seems the request goes to the application server,  but it's not launching the application.I tried changing the port 8080 as 80 in server.xml file. do we require to change any other info in server.xml?

Can you please help me to fix this?

Thanks

Ranjith

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Hi Ranjith

It seems that IIS is running and it's already using port 80, that would explain why we're reaching the IIS web page instead of JIRA.

To resolve this I'd recommend to disable IIS, edit the server.xml file, change the connector to port 80 and then start JIRA with IIS disabled.

Please note that if IIS is running on port 80, we won't be able to start JIRA on port 80 as this port is already in use by IIS and therefore JIRA will fail to startup.

Hope it helps! :)

Cheers
Luciano Fagundes

Ranjith Ramu October 12, 2017

Hi Luciano,

It works fine now. I stopped all the windows services that were running on port 80. Thanks for your help.

Thanks

-Ranjith

Suggest an answer