how make sure the rank of tasks in queue does not change?

Andrew Mavliev June 17, 2019

How to get notification when tasks are reordered?

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2019

Hi Andrew,

The ability/permission to reorder issues is tied to the Schedule Issues permission within the permission scheme associated with the project. 

Internally, we have created a new project role that is allowed to Schedule/Reorder permissions and have tied that project role to the Schedule Permission to that role. 

We also use an add-on (Automation for Jira) to "listen" for a change in the rank, then send an email.

I hope that helps!

Andrew Mavliev June 17, 2019
  • Thank you. There should be “rank” iin the queue somewhere inside. I want to display it on the ticket. Not only reordering event.
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2019

Do you mean the value of the rank? That is complicated mixture of letters and numbers, and I'm afraid it will not provide you with much information.

You should be able to display the field Rank on the card on the board using the Card Layout function under board settings.

Suggest an answer