how do i start the sprint in jira

Gaurav Shinde May 23, 2018

My manager gave me access to start the sprint. "Start sprint" option on the board is not accessible.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

Hi Gaurav,

I can think of a couple of things to check first...

1) Refresh your browser. If you were given permissions recently you may need to refresh the browser to pull in the new access rights

2) Check to make sure you are on a Scrum board and viewing the backlog. Are there existing sprints available? If not you'll need to first create at least one. 

3) Check the Active Sprints on the left. I think you can only have one active sprint in a project. If the current sprint is finished, click Complete Sprint, select the next sprint from the backlog and you should be able to start it. 

Hope this helps

-Scott

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

Hello,

Hover your mouse over the Start Sprint button and you will see, why you can not start the sprint.

Suggest an answer