how do i generate an epic report?

Endre Kallai August 21, 2020

we have a next-gen project and i need some help in finding a way to create an epic report that will show how we are progressing with issues on our board.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

If you are a project admin, you should be able to go to Project Settings -> Features and turn on the Reports and Roadmaps toggles. 

2020-08-21 12_27_44-JIRA board - Agile board - Jira.png

Most of the reports require you to already have the Sprints toggle turned on; you can then generate burndown charts, etc.

Roadmaps give you an interactive, visual representation of work; you can drag and drop stories between epics, change due dates by dragging the bar, etc.

2020-08-21 12_29_20-Jira Issues and Requests - Roadmap - Jira.pngIt's not a report, per se, but gives you most of the info most people would want.

For more info on roadmaps, check out these articles and posts:

Overview of Roadmaps in Next-Gen

Enable the roadmaps feature

Manage Epics on the roadmap

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 18, 2020

Hello @Endre Kallai 

Also, you can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud. This add-on generates a few types of reports which can help you. So it can show you all the statuses an issue has been passing through, how long an issue has been staying in each status and when it has entered each status. 

I hope it helps.

Best regards, 

Zoryana

Endre Kallai September 18, 2020

very helpful. thank you very much!! amazing!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events