how do I automatically assign an issue to an assignee that was working on the issue in past

Harshdeep July 2, 2021

Screenshot 2021-07-03 111413.png

Here is my kanban board in which I have added two custom columns "development done" and "Review".

when someone transitions an issue from Development done to Review, it is automatically assigned to a member. 

what I want is that if the review is not good and we have to send our issue to previous columns in the workflow, so on transition the assignee of the issue should be automatically set to the member who was working on it before Review.

For example - suppose "z" was working on an issue that he pulled from selected for development. then he pushed the issue to Development Done and Reviewer "x" pulled the issue from development done. now x provided a bad review and decided to put the issue under selected for development column again. 

I want to automate the assignment of issue to z i.e the one who was working on it before.

is that possible? if yes how?

1 answer

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2021

Use two automations:

1. When the card is moved to Review, before setting its new assignee, copy the old assignee to a User Picker type custom field called "Original assignee", for example.
  2. When the card is moved back to Development, set the assignee from the "Original assignee" field.
Harshdeep July 3, 2021

Works for me.Thank You .

Like Aron Gombas _Midori_ likes this

Suggest an answer