hiding project list

ebrahim rezaian July 1, 2021

hello guys

every single user of my jira system can see the entire list of projects. of course they have access to the project that they are involved in (by add user to a role). but i do not want they to see the project that they are not involved (even the name of project).

thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
shruti gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2021

Hi @ebrahim rezaian 

In order to restrict the project access   then change the Browse permission from Application access( any logged in user ) to the group (create group if not created) from permission scheme.

In this way ,only the user in the group can browse this project and no other user can see .

Refer document for more detail

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/how-to-restrict-project-access-for-teams-in-jira-cloud-953142266.html

0 votes
Blazej Czyzyk September 27, 2021

@shruti gupta from one hand it helped, but when I am chosing "Create" option I still see the entire list of projects. How can I hide it from the user?

Женя October 1, 2021

have the same issue, please let us know if you find a solution

Blazej Czyzyk October 1, 2021

@Женя I've reviewed bit of materials on this and it seems that there is no solution to make this list hidden. "Create" settings are not and cannot be treated as "browsing" settings which is odd - imagine that someone who:

1. has an access only to project X

2. can create issue on board Y, but due to the condition from point 1, the same user cannot even view this issue.

Женя October 1, 2021

yep, had just tested such case, but we found that not all projects were available there - so probably there is a solution - to change security scheme of each project from a public access making them not available for all logged users.

Fiorella Santopietro November 15, 2021

Hi @Женя , can you please share how did you solve your issue?

Thanks a lot!

Amy Neo March 21, 2022

I am using Work Management and I have the same issues too, i want to hide the project lists from the team members that is not involved. If not, they can see all the projects and it's hard to find their projects unless they sort by their names, which is a hassle. Jira, pls find a solution for it!

Blazej Czyzyk March 22, 2022

@Женя Романенко@Amy Neo , @Fiorella Santopietro in our organisation we've chosen a workaround solution. Whilst creating a project you type in project name and Atlassian automatically assign "Key", so we delete full project board name and paste aforementioned "Key" into jira board name. We later on add it to our internal repository/list of jira boards so that we know what project each of the boards represent. Kind of simple encryption but it works :)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events