help to multiply value of 2 custom fields in Automation

sarema
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 10, 2022

I have a Team managed project in JIRA.

It has 2 list type custom fields - Impact and Probability, which have numbers in the dropdown.I would like to multiply the selected value of the 2 custom fields and save them in another field (Score)Score = Impact * Probabilty.However, I am unable to make this work using Automation and Smart Values. Please help! Thank you in Advance.

3 answers

3 votes
Cat W February 10, 2022

You can multiply two fields in Automation using (Field1 smart value) * (Field2 smart value), but you'll want to make sure you're surrounding your expression with {{#=}} {{/}} so that Automation recognizes it as a math expression.

Here is what the final expression should look like:

{{#=}}{{issue.Field1.value}} * {{issue.Field2.value}}{{/}}

So based on the fields you listed, you should be able to use the following expression to set the Score field in the Edit automation action:

{{#=}}{{issue.Impact.value}} * {{issue.Probability.value}}{{/}}

0 votes
Cat W February 10, 2022

Side note, for future reference @sarema if you create a post as a question rather than a discussion, it can help others who might have similar questions find answers more easily.  :)

0 votes
Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2022

What @Cat W said!

Suggest an answer