• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

google hangout chat API linkage can not be set up

While trying to work with commands from google hang out chat "@Jira connect myacountname.atlassian.net" and then clicked "CONFIGURE"
but as shown in the attached photo, there is an error and cannot be linked.
What are we gona do?  Error code is "PAF8CT"

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Dec 02, 2020

Hi @yurika_kobayashi ,

While your screenshot unfortunately did not seem to attach to the message, I think I have an idea of what error message you saw based on trying the Chat connector out myself and getting an error message. Jira will pop an error message in the lower left corner of your browser window if you try to configure the Google Chat bot without having the app installed in Jira first.

Fortunately the fix is simple: install the free Google Chat bot for Jira Cloud app in your Jira Cloud site. Once it's installed, click the Configure button again in Google Chat and the configuration dialogue should pop up correctly in Jira.

Please let me know if I can help further!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,104 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you