get spend time in my project between two dates

carlos.marin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

Hi,

Is there way with Jira default (no plugins) to get the time spent in my tasks' project between two dates?

Those tasks can have more work logged outside the specified dates.

With this filter, the time spent is showing time for all the period, not for the specified worklogDate interval: 

worklogDate >= 2021-03-17 AND worklogDate<= 2021-04-30 AND project = MyProject

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2021

Hi @carlos_marin - ENTELGY -

the ask is two-fold indeed in your specific case.

For a query the one that Yuliia refined is working okay but if I got you right the ask is for a specific sum in the column which also refers to the from -> to date in the query.

This however is not possible but a long-standing ask in Community.

From this thread there are some approaches and workarounds, some suggest to request data via API or use some App that could be more capable of returning what you are after:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-get-worklogs-of-a-user-from-jql-search/qaq-p/521108

I think the most interesting part (at least in terms of an explanation) is:

The only thing you can search for in Jira are issues. And that is the main misunderstanding of this question and the comments.

What you get are issues. When you filter by worklogDate, you get issues which fits. Nothing more. This issues can also have worklogs with different worklogDates.

In Jira you can not search for worklogs. So if you display the worklog total time of an issue in a column of the search result, you see the properties of the issue. This has nothing to do with the constraints in the search query.

After this was said over there an App was recommended. You could check if this would be a suitable option for you.

Regards,
Daniel

1 vote
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2021

Hi @carlos_marin - ENTELGY - 

If I've got your question, you may try the following JQL:

worklogDate >= 2021-03-17 AND worklogDate<= 2021-04-30 AND created >= 2021-03-17 AND created <=2021-04-30 AND project = Marketing

Hope you'll find an answer.

carlos.marin
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2021

Not really. 

Because in the results, if you add the column "Time Spent" to the report, that field is adding all the time logged in the task since the beggining, not only the time logged between the time interval that I'm specifying in the query.

Best regards,

Like Celine Hau likes this
Celine Hau March 9, 2023

What a pain, you'd think this is a simple ask but it's not. Trying out this https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211243/timetracker-time-tracking-reporting-for-jira and it does exactly that. The monthly pricing isn't too bad.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events