Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

get spend time in my project between two dates

Hi,

Is there way with Jira default (no plugins) to get the time spent in my tasks' project between two dates?

Those tasks can have more work logged outside the specified dates.

With this filter, the time spent is showing time for all the period, not for the specified worklogDate interval: 

worklogDate >= 2021-03-17 AND worklogDate<= 2021-04-30 AND project = MyProject

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers Community Leader May 08, 2021

Hi @carlos_marin

the ask is two-fold indeed in your specific case.

For a query the one that Yuliia refined is working okay but if I got you right the ask is for a specific sum in the column which also refers to the from -> to date in the query.

This however is not possible but a long-standing ask in Community.

From this thread there are some approaches and workarounds, some suggest to request data via API or use some App that could be more capable of returning what you are after:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-get-worklogs-of-a-user-from-jql-search/qaq-p/521108

I think the most interesting part (at least in terms of an explanation) is:

The only thing you can search for in Jira are issues. And that is the main misunderstanding of this question and the comments.

What you get are issues. When you filter by worklogDate, you get issues which fits. Nothing more. This issues can also have worklogs with different worklogDates.

In Jira you can not search for worklogs. So if you display the worklog total time of an issue in a column of the search result, you see the properties of the issue. This has nothing to do with the constraints in the search query.

After this was said over there an App was recommended. You could check if this would be a suitable option for you.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi @carlos_marin 

If I've got your question, you may try the following JQL:

worklogDate >= 2021-03-17 AND worklogDate<= 2021-04-30 AND created >= 2021-03-17 AND created <=2021-04-30 AND project = Marketing

Hope you'll find an answer.

Not really. 

Because in the results, if you add the column "Time Spent" to the report, that field is adding all the time logged in the task since the beggining, not only the time logged between the time interval that I'm specifying in the query.

Best regards,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase

The benefits of using Jira in different departments

Jira is a great tool to use across different departments. Forget that paperwork – switch to Jira and get that tasks done smoothly. Marketing Jira allows for a complete digital transformation of you...

127 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you