filter query

Suma Pralhad Kustagi May 4, 2021

Hi,

We have two kanban boards, My query is i want to see the tickets in one board and that that ticket to not be seen in another board.

The issue is the query used is being common in both the baords.

Eg: project =XYZ and issuetype=task.

How to achieve this.

REgards,
Suma

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Hi @Suma Pralhad Kustagi Anything specific you want to archive using this, as Walter mentioned if both boards are using same JQL it's ind a duplicate of existing one.

If you can explain your requirement it will help us to provide the solutions. 

Suma Pralhad Kustagi May 5, 2021

Hi Sagar,

There are different user who want to use the boards and want the same issue type for that project. I tried to figure out to get query from custom fields.

Regards,

Suma

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

What data on the issue determines which board it should be selected by?

Suma Pralhad Kustagi May 7, 2021

Hi Nic,

I have updated the filter query such a way that board 1 and board2 have issues of same project with different labels.

Regards,

Suma

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2021

It's important to understand that a board is not a container for issues, it is a view of a selection.

If you want your boards to select for different issues, you need to tell them to select different things.

Using your simple query as an example, you can have an issue appear on one board and not another by doing something like:

Board 1:  Project = XYZ and issuetype = task

Board 2:  Project = XYZ and issuetype != task

Board 1 displays tasks from XYZ and Board 2 displays all the other issue types in the project.  To make it look like an issue "moves" from board 2 to board 1, take the issue on board 2 and change its type to task - it will no longer be selected by 2, but will be selected by 1.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2021

Hi @Suma Pralhad Kustagi,

If your boards are using the same query, the question is: what is the difference between your 2 boards?

In such scenarios, the difference usually is that both boards have different statuses mapped to the board columns. In that case, make the statuses mapped on each board explicit. Suppose board 1 is for analysis and has statuses like New > Ready for Analysis > Analysis > Ready for Development and the second board has Ready for Development > Dev In Progress > Ready for Testing > Testing > Done. Then set your filter up like this:

Project = XYZ and issuetype = Task and Status IN (New, Ready for Analysis, In Analysis)

That should give you all tickets on board 1 that are not visible yet on board 2 (based on my example, obviously).

If there is another difference between board 1 and 2, check what that difference is and apply a similar approach.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events